Monday 29 July 2013

Monday


The weather has been kind to me lately. I’ve now stepped out of many a building to the sight of washed out pavements and the squelch of trainer. That song ‘Why does it always rain on me –‘, hasn’t been in my internal charts lately. It’s really nice of her [rain] to have held onto the bucketloads of droplets and to only dish them out liberally whilst I’m indoors, particularly as I’ve had a sole flipping off my right Converse since Primavera Sound (how many allusions should I make to being a child of the Indie?) I received a worrying text from the mental yet responsible landlady after midnight on Saturday though:

Hiya. Make sure you girls are
checking those pumps with
this weather! In this rain the
boat will sink in minutes if
one of those pumps goes off.

Well she's not reassuring but at least she’s honest. And to be honest, the boat is fine, and the only trouble I’ve had with it is being locked inside before going to work, thus having to fling rucksack, body and all out of a roof hatch. It was like Indiana Jones: The Trailer Park Days. Saying that, I have come home tonight to find a member of the kitchen utensil crew has gone overboard. I’m not sure how it happened but the kitchen roll got loose from its hanging spot and now all that’s left is a limp trail of kitchen paper, and I assume the missing body [the rest of the roll] is floating somewhere in the Thames. Sorry Greenwich Council, but really it’s my loss (because I tend to spill things when I drink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment